Dec 14, 2016
In Episode #136, Eric and Neil list and explain the different
ways you can validate your business idea for less than $100.
Validating your business idea does NOT have to be expensive and
these two experts will give you the tools you need to confirm
that your idea is a great one.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Validate Your Business Idea
for Under $100
- 00:35 – Tim Ferris’ validation on the 4-Hour Work Week on
Google AdWords costed $50
- 01:09 – Use tools like Google Surveys and
- 01:36 – Post an ad in Craigslist
- 02:43 – Use surveys in person or in video to get feedback
- 02:56 – Keep trying to get the best results
- 03:31 – Check Reddit and
- 04:37 – Go to the INC5000 list and see what other
companies are doing
- 05:13 – Look for companies in the same industry as yours
- 06:11 – Research the problems companies in your industry are
trying to solve
- 06:30 – Look at Amazon
and Ebay, if you’re selling
- 06:43 – Check Flippa and
FE International to see
what new online businesses are being sold
- 07:01 – Look at your market using Google Trends
- 07:48 – Use the Keyword
Tool, Google Suggest and Google Keyword
Planner to figure out search volume
- 08:00 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Use online tools available to you to find that validation.
- Talk to people about your business idea and gauge their
- Look at the companies in your industry and find out what
problems they’re trying to solve today.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.