In Episode #193, Eric and Neil discuss why your SEO sucks and how to fix it. Your SEO isn’t something you just figure out once and then drop it. It needs to be maintained and deserves your attention in order to stay ahead of your competitors. Tune in to find out why your SEO is NOT working and the tips that will keep your SEO operating at its best.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Why Your SEO Sucks and How to Fix It
- 00:35 – The biggest reason is that everyone believes that they can install a plug-in, and that’s it
- 00:58 – People focus on off-page SEO and no one focuses on on-page
- 01:20 – For on-page SEO, do keyword research
- 01:46 – Have a goal that you want to achieve
- 02:00 – Content and links are what matters in SEO
- 02:09 – Another problem is people not checking their extra links, especially the ones that are irrelevant
- 02:16 – “The last thing you want to do is be seen as a directory”
- 03:00 – Most people think that SEO in a one-time deal, but it is an ongoing deal
- 03:58 – You have to be willing to spend for a technical audit
- 04:10 – Be patient
- 04:37 – Take your most popular pages and link them in your sidebar
- 05:03 – Google “how to rank zero in SEO”
- 05:10 – Check if your snippets are working
- 05:39 – You can use SEMrush and Ahrefs
- 05:48 – Continue finding your title tags and meta-description tags
- 06:06 – Optimize and make them persuasive
- 06:10 – Google “copyblogger headline formula” or “how to write magnetic headlines”
- 06:27 – Read books from David Ogilvy, one of the best copywriters
- 06:36 – David said that every dollar spent on copywriting, 80 cents go to the headlines
- 06:40 – Make sure you have the alt tags for the videos
- 07:04 – Start combining your pages
- 07:32 – The “hub and spoke” strategy
- 07:39 – You’ll find Jimmy Daly's Hub & Spoke strategy
- 08:23 – Google wants to see your intro page and the links that are backing it up
- 08:36 – Google “conversion rate optimization”
- 08:47 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- SEO is not just a one-time deal, but an ongoing deal that needs your attention in order to stay ahead of the pack in your niche.
- All good things come to those who wait—SEO takes time to see the results, so be patient.
- Spend your time, energy, and money or your headlines—optimize them and make sure they’re persuasive!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: