Oct 23, 2016
In Episode #84 Neil and Eric talk about why you should keep your
old content updated and how you should do it. Listen to learn how
deleting old pages can help you get more traffic, and the tools you
can use to make sure your web content is up to date.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: Why you should keep your old content
- 00:36 – Listen to
SPI200 podcast episode and read Moz
- 01:02 – Make an audit of all the content you have
- 01:24 – Make sure you’re tracking closely
- 01:41 – Use the right keywords and build back links
- 02:01 – Use keywords that generate traffic – use Ahrefs or Google Keyword
- 02:56 – Strategize by updating or deleting your content
- 03:42 – Link internally by using any Related
Post Plugin in WordPress
- 04:18 – Check Yoast SEO Plugin for
- 04:43 – Having more back links mean you can have more
- 05:19 – The key is not to lose links when you do pruning
- 05:41 – Don’t just remove pages! Redirect them
- 05:57 – Delete pages or consolidate your posts
- 06:43 – What Hub and Spoke content
- 07:42 – Don’t base pruning on just traffic!
- 08:52 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Knowing the content you already have and what you want to add
is the way to start.
- Keeping your content up to date means you need to monitor news
and trends closely.
- Remember that you don’t want to lose links when deleting pages
so redirect them instead!
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.