Mar 12, 2018
In episode #589, Eric and Neil
explain why you should hire developers to work as marketers. Tune
in to hear why developers are so good at marketing.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
Why You Should Hire Developers
- [00:35] Neil think developers
are really good at understanding data and making
- [00:54] They are amazing
marketers because they are creative, make changes, and run tests
without relying too heavily on others.
- [01:04] Marketers on the other
hand, may have good ideas, but have to figure out how to get them
implemented by someone else.
- [01:26] During Eric’s time
at Treehouse, the CTO was a developer who would help him
get things done.
- [01:36] The CTO didn’t know
marketing, but learned as he went.
- [01:52] Engineers/Developers
- [02:27] What Neil loves, is
that they believe in the “quick and dirty” approach.
- [02:53] The one danger in
hiring developers as marketers, is that they will sometimes run a
lot of bad tests and you will lose revenue.
- [03:22] When you run a test and
things go wrong, you will absolutely lose money.
- [03:52] Make sure that you have
an individual contributor and also managers.
- [04:30] Neil thinks you should
be paying $150,000-$200,000 for a good developer who understands
- [04:41] It doesn’t make sense
for you to hire someone into this position unless you already have
a business that is producing millions in revenue and you need more
- [05:10] You don’t always have
to pay a lot for good talent, but those with experience will cost
- [05:25] That’s all for
- [05:28] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: