Jun 10, 2018
In episode #679, Eric and Neil
discuss why videos are better than text content. Find out why you
need to be incorporating videos into your marketing.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
Why Videos Are Better Than Text
Even Though They Don't Rank on Google
- [00:41] Eric thinks videos are
better than text. YouTube is the #2 search engine in the world and
videos can rank on the front page.
- [00:55] Because we all have
faster internet, video content in rising in popularity more so than
- [01:05] Neil thinks text
generates long-term search traffic that can’t be beat.
- [01:28] In an ideal world, you
would do video and text.
- [01:45] Video is time
consuming, harder to rank, harder to go viral, etc.
- [01:57] Even so, the people who
watch are more engaged and conversion rates are higher.
- [02:10] Incorporating video
into your blogs is a great method.
- [02:40] At conferences, Eric
and Neil get great responses from the videos they post.
- [03:00] If you can’t get high
view counts, get other sites to embed your video.
- [03:10] Add subtitles and
translations to your videos to reach a wider audience.
- [03:25] Anchor.fm can make a video for you from your audio
podcast. You can then post it to Instagram and
- [04:05] Eric and Neil know
recording in a studio is better than recording a podcast at
- [04:30] Neil’s office does
sales presentations over video.
- [04:45] They also do a lot of
video conferencing. Because of their casual dress code, everyone
keeps a dress shirt around to throw over their more casual
- [04:55] Videos build
relationships and deeper connections.
- [05:08] That’s all for
- [05:12] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: