In Episode #166, Eric and Neil discuss the reasons why no one reads your content. Writing content may be easy for you, but are people actually reading it? Is it reaching the right audience? Tune in to find out how posting daily is just as important as knowing how to share your posts.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 - Today’s topic: Why No One Is Reading Your Content
- 00:36 – You’re not doing anything to stand out and people are getting bored with the content
- 01:17 – 8 out of 10 people will read your headline, but only 2 out of 10 will continue to read the article
- 01:50 - Search for Copyblogger headline formula and find formulas that help you create attractive headlines
- 01:58 – Portent headline generator will help you craft awesome headlines
- 02:10 – Blogger Jon Morrow manages Kissmetrics blog
- 02:43 – If you can get a drunk person’s attention, you can get the normal ones’
- 02:58 – Look at Growth Everywhere’s episode with Derek Halpern
- 03:10 – Spend time promoting your content
- 03:51 – “Everybody is looking for something from somebody else”
- 03:59 – Look at Email Hunter and Mix Max for email marketing tools
- 04:45 – Go to BuzzSumo, find your competitor, and find who’s tweeting their articles on Twitter
- 05:10 – Neil shares a sample email
- 06:00 – People are more likely to share your content if they know that you will reciprocate
- 06;11 – Find the top players in your space and see what they’re doing
- 07:30 – Don’t write mediocre content and use old posts to maintain traffic
- 09:00 – Use a tool like Meet Edgar to schedule your post
- 09:29 – Use Facebook to share posts too
- 09:48 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Writing content alone is not enough—you have to get it to the RIGHT audience through sharing.
- Get help from people who will most likely share your content and reciprocate that help.
- Utilize different online tools that will make content sharing easier and less time consuming for you.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: