Jan 13, 2017
In Episode #166, Eric and Neil discuss the reasons why no one
reads your content. Writing content may be easy for you, but are
people actually reading it? Is it reaching the right audience? Tune
in to find out how posting daily is just as important as knowing
how to share your posts.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 - Today’s topic: Why No One Is Reading Your
- 00:36 – You’re not doing anything to stand out and people are
getting bored with the content
- 01:17 – 8 out of 10 people will read your headline, but only 2
out of 10 will continue to read the article
- 01:50 - Search for Copyblogger headline formula and
find formulas that help you create attractive headlines
- 01:58 – Portent headline
generator will help you craft awesome headlines
- 02:10 – Blogger Jon Morrow manages
- 02:43 – If you can get a drunk person’s attention, you can get
the normal ones’
- 02:58 – Look at Growth Everywhere’s episode with
- 03:10 – Spend time promoting your content
- 03:51 – “Everybody is looking for something from somebody
- 03:59 – Look at Email Hunter
and Mix Max for email marketing
- 04:45 – Go to BuzzSumo, find
your competitor, and find who’s tweeting their articles on Twitter
- 05:10 – Neil shares a sample email
- 06:00 – People are more likely to share your content if they
know that you will reciprocate
- 06;11 – Find the top players in your space and see what they’re
- 07:30 – Don’t write mediocre content and use old posts to
- 09:00 – Use a tool like Meet
Edgar to schedule your post
- 09:29 – Use Facebook to share posts too
- 09:48 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Writing content alone is not enough—you have to get it to the
RIGHT audience through sharing.
- Get help from people who will most likely share your content
and reciprocate that help.
- Utilize different online tools that will make content sharing
easier and less time consuming for you.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.