Jan 4, 2020
In episode #1252, we discuss our
reasons why we think Luminary is failing as a business. Luminary is
a podcast production studio that raised well over $100 million to
try to build the Netflix for podcasts. If you’re going to launch a
business, you have to look at consumer behavior and truly
understand what your industry demands. Tune in as we go over all
the points why we think Luminary’s roll out failed and how you can
prevent that from happening in your own business.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Why We
Think Luminary is Failing.
- [00:30] Who is Luminary, what
is their business model, and why did their launch fail?
- [01:34] The importance of
understanding consumer behavior before starting a
- [02:06] Why knowing your
industry is key for launching a new business.
- [03:29] Structure of podcasts:
why listeners aren’t interested in paid or B-list
- [04:23] The pivot that Luminary
needs to save their business.
- [04:59] Key lesson from this
episode: give away everything fro free to build your
- [05:51] That’s it for
- [06:02] To stay updated with
events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the
Marketing School site
for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short
Connect with Us: