In Episode #45 Neil and Eric talk testimonials—what they are, why they’re important, and how you can go about collecting them for your business. Listen as Neil and Eric share their personal experience with testimonials—both good and bad—and illustrate why you should never create a fake testimonial.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:30 – How you can get testimonials from your customers
- 00:39 – Testimonials are KEY because they do all the hard legwork in terms of winning new business
- 01:28 – Add company badges and testimonials to your homepage
- 01:49 – YesInsights
- 02:39 – Email people asking for feedback
- 03:03 – Roughly 3 people out of every 100 will give you feedback…at least one of those should be good enough for a testimonial
- 04:32 – A testimonial will give you a conversion lift of around 8% to 10%
- 05:19 – Net Promoter Score
- 06:05 – Be sure to ASK people if you can use testimonials…if you don’t, you can get in BIG trouble
- 06:15 – However, when it comes to logos, it’s better to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission
- 07:14 – Do NOT make-up testimonials
- 08:15 – Bottom line?—testimonials are powerful and awesome, but you need to be careful when using them
3 Key Points:
- Don’t make up a testimonial—people will see it from a mile away.
- Always ask permission before using a testimonial.
- Testimonials will help your conversions, but not by any astronomical amount…10% if you’re lucky.
- YesInsights – Get Customer feedback with simple one-click surveys.
- Net Promoter Score – A management tool that can be used to gauge the loyalty of a firm's customer relationships
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: