Sep 14, 2016
In Episode #45 Neil and Eric talk testimonials—what they are,
why they’re important, and how you can go about collecting them for
your business. Listen as Neil and Eric share their personal
experience with testimonials—both good and bad—and illustrate why
you should never create a fake testimonial.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:30 – How you can get testimonials from your customers
- 00:39 – Testimonials are KEY because they do all the hard
legwork in terms of winning new business
- 01:28 – Add company badges and testimonials to your
- 01:49 – YesInsights
- 02:39 – Email people asking for feedback
- 03:03 – Roughly 3 people out of every 100 will give you
feedback…at least one of those should be good enough for a
- 04:32 – A testimonial will give you a conversion lift of around
8% to 10%
- 05:19 – Net Promoter
- 06:05 – Be sure to ASK people if you can use testimonials…if
you don’t, you can get in BIG trouble
- 06:15 – However, when it comes to logos, it’s better to ask for
forgiveness than it is to ask for permission
- 07:14 – Do NOT make-up testimonials
- 08:15 – Bottom line?—testimonials are powerful and awesome, but
you need to be careful when using them
3 Key Points:
- Don’t make up a testimonial—people will see it from a mile
- Always ask permission before using a testimonial.
- Testimonials will help your conversions, but not by any
astronomical amount…10% if you’re lucky.
- YesInsights – Get
Customer feedback with simple one-click surveys.
Promoter Score – A management tool that can be used to gauge
the loyalty of a firm's customer relationships
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.