Dec 6, 2018
In episode #858, we discuss why
dwell time matters for SEO. Tune in to hear how you can increase
your dwell time.
We have committed to throwing a
FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing
School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate,
review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
Why Dwell Time Matters for SEO
(and How to Increase It)
- [00:36] Dwell time is how long
people spend on your page.
- [00:46] Google factors this in
when ranking your site.
- [01:05] The longer a visitor
stays on your site, the more engaged they are.
- [01:57] Look at your pages with
the most search traffic and figure out the highest ranking
- [02:30] If you make sure that
your webpage answers the questions people are searching for, it
will increase your dwell time.
- [02:41] A friend of ours has an
app called “YouTube Subscribe Bar”.
- [03:00] When you write a post,
find a relevant video on YouTube, plug the embed code into the app,
and it will not only embed the video, but allow you to post a link
to subscribe to your channel instead of the video creator’s
- [03:50] If you’re not sure what
people want, make a survey asking them.
- [04:04] That’s it for
- [04:20] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million
downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: