Nov 2, 2018
In episode #824, we discuss why
you shouldn’t copy your competitors. Tune in to hear how you can
beat the competition without copying their tactics.
We have committed to throwing a
FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing
School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate,
review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
Why Copying Your Competition
Doesn't Work Anymore
- [00:37] In marketing, things
- [01:40] What has worked for
others in a given time span, won’t work in the future because it
has already been done to death.
- [02:20] Copying means you are
not the visionary, you are the follower. This will leave you with
an inferior product or service.
- [03:10] Every few months,
Google rolls out algorithm updates.
- [03:30] SEO from 10 years ago
won’t work today.
- [04:15] If you look at
Drift or Intercom, they didn’t copy the competition.
- [04:41] Drift always changes
how they launch new features.
- [05:15] Product Hunt didn’t work for Neil as well as it did for
- [05:40] Always look for new
channels and make sure you’re taking an omni-channel
- [06:12] That’s it for
- [06:20] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million
downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: