Sep 15, 2018
In episode #776, Eric and Neil
discuss why blogging too often may hurt your rankings. Tune in to
hear why you should consider blogging less.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
Why Blogging Too Often Will
Hurt Your Rankings
- [00:45] A site has “x” amount
- [01:05] You’ll find that if you
start blogging more over time, a lot of your content will become
- [01:32] Old pages will drop in
rankings, but eventually your whole site will suffer because of
- [02:20] Refer to the Content
- [02:22] A VC named
Tomasz Tonguz did a study on the value of temporal content
vs. evergreen content.
- [02:47] The difference between
a news site and an evergreen site is that your rankings will spike
from time to time, whereas evergreen content stacks in rankings
- [03:25] Focus on writing better
content, which will help your rankings.
- [03:45] The majority of your
posts will not generate much traffic.
- [03:55] 20% of your content
will make up 70% of your traffic.
- [04:13] Go to SEMRush or Ahrefs and look at what is popular on your
- [04:30] BuzzSumo will also show you what people
- [05:02] Follow the
- [05:19] That’s it for
- [05:35] Go to here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1
Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they
reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: