In Episode #64 Eric and Neil talk about marketing tactics for entrepreneurs just getting started. Listen as they highlight free, easy-to-implement tools, the importance of knowing your strengths, and why your initial entrepreneurial marketing efforts need to focus exclusively on one area or offer.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s Topic: Marketing tactics for entrepreneurs just getting started
- 00:55 – Start with a blog
- 01:36 – Look for stuff to give away for FREE
- 01:40 – Use content and social media
- 01:49 – Know your strengths
- 01:58 – Organic vs Paid
- 02:18 – Pick tactics that will compliment your skills
- 02:28 – Take the concepts and test them out
- 03:08 – Airbnb as an example
- 04:01 – Driving people from Facebook
- 04:16 – Built relationships with people
- 05:07 – Focus on one area first
- 05:38 – Consider your website
- 07:15 – Don’t set up yourself to fail
- 07:32 – Leadpages
- 08:17 – Look at Google tag manager
- 08:41 – The Measure School on Youtube
- 09:10 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Start a blog so you can easily distribute valuable content for free.
- Look at your skill sets—chose an avenue that naturally complements those skills.
- Don’t try all marketing tools and techniques at once—focus one thing first.
- Airbnb – Company that Neil set as an example
- Facebook –Social media platform where you can drive audience from
- Google Analytics – A tool you can use to track your website’s performance
- Leadpages – Tool to design your landing page
- Measure School – Where you can get information on tracking with Google Analytics
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: