May 30, 2018
In episode #668, Eric and Neil
break down their marketing dollars. Tune in to hear what the
biggest marketing costs are and how you can avoid
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
Where do Neil and Eric Spend
Their Marketing Dollars?
- [00:51] Eric spends about
$10,000-$15,000/month on blog content.
- [01:12] Neil spends about
$4,500/month on video content.
- [01:24] Podcasting costs Eric
and Neil $700/month each.
- [01:40] They spend the same on
- [01:48] Eric’s team just
starting ramping up/retargeting their ads and spent
- [01:54] Neil spends most of his
money on making and giving away free tools, which costs around
- [02:12] Building tools takes up
a lot of time.
- [02:20] Neil’s team found it is
cheaper to buy out other companies than to spend money on
- [02:50] Building free tools
gets you organic traffic.
- [03:02] If they were to add in
salaries, that would only add an additional $25,000 to the
- [03:15] Neil’s numbers include
salaries in his estimation.
- [03:33] Editing blogs costs
about $2000/month, but Neil doesn’t pay for
- [03:52] If you build up brand
equity, you can get a lot of work for free.
- [04:10] One strategy for people
with a minimal amount of capital: find people to partner with. You
will get stuff for free and both of you will gain a new
- [04:35] Guest posts are really
- [05:28] That’s it for
- [05:32] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: