Sep 13, 2018
In episode #774, Eric and Neil
discuss when it’s ok to prune your content. Tune in to hear if you
should ever flush old content.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
When to Keep, Cut, and
Consolidate Your Content
- [00:54] You may find that some
of your content is outdated.
- [01:22] Consolidate if you have
five pages that discuss the same thing, combine them, because
Google won’t know which one to rank first.
- [02:15] Search engines want to
- [02:55] Removing old, outdated
content can be a good idea, but often less content means less
- [03:05] People who prune
content, prune the quality content that won’t affect
- [03:35] SuperMetrics or Screaming Frog are two great tools to use to crawl your
- [03:45] If these tools find
pages that aren’t getting any traffic at all, it might be a good
idea to prune those pages.
- [04:18] Use Google Analytics to look at your content that isn’t performing
- [04:35] When you cut those
pages, you may lose more traffic than is being shown by GA.
Remember you may be cutting out internal links when deleting
- [05:00] Before you cut, always
try to improve the content.
- [05:25] Cross link all your
content, as it will help boost rankings for all of your
- [05:26] That’s all for
- [05:30] Eric and Neil are going
to do a live event if they reach 1 Million downloads per month. So,
please rate of review!
- [05:53] Go here to see how many downloads the show is
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: