May 13, 2018
In episode #651, Eric and Neil
discuss how you can fix your declining traffic. Tune in to hear how
you can fix problems with your SEO.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
When SEO Goes Wrong How to Fix
Your Declining Search Traffic
- [00:54] When you haven’t
changed anything and traffic declines, it could be the link
algorithm, your content is outdated, or user experience isn’t that
- [01:22] Read Search Engine Journal, Search Engine Land, Search Engine Roundtable
to see if you’re up to date on
algorithms and changes to sites.
- [01:50] Use SEMRush and Moz
to see indicators of
- [02:25] Look for correlation
across the board.
- [02:38] Rusty Bricks looks for
chatter on forums to see what problems arise for
- [02:55] It’s important to have
quantitative and qualitative data.
- [03:00] Wicked Fire and Blackhatworld are good resources.
- [03:30] When traffic dropped
for Neil, they ran experiments and tracked everything.
- [04:10] Make sure you are
- [04:30] Don’t put all your eggs
in one basket.
- [04:47] Sometimes your rankings
may drop due to a change you made on your own website.
- [05:44] Always track your
- [05:55] Don’t panic and be
willing to take risks.
- [06;15] Look at it quarter over
- [06:40] WP
Engine is great because
you can revert to previous versions of your site.
- [07:04] That’s it for
- [07:07] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: