Jan 30, 2017
In Episode #183, Eric and Neil discuss when you should give up
on a marketing campaign. Tune in to find out if it is the right
time to give up your current marketing campaign or whether it’s
time to just pause it. Neil also shares from his own personal
experience with spending on branding and how his return on
investment didn’t come until years later.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: When Is It Time to Give Up on a
- 00:58 – Have specific goals, objectives, and have a
- 01:05 – Set your smart goal, initially
- 01:18 – Have the right mindset
- 01:36 – If a marketing campaign doesn’t work at first, you can
pause it and not shut it down
- 02:06 – Neil had spent on branding, but it wasn’t generating
- 02:30 – After 6 years, Neil is now getting a big ROI from
- 03:15 – Paid acquisition is a short term campaign where you
should get a ROI in just a few months
- 04:05 – Marketing requires reiteration
- 04:30 – The traction of YouTube ads
- 05:25 – Always put a timeline on whatever you’re doing
- 06:00 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Just because something isn’t working right now, doesn’t mean it
won’t work in the future.
- Setting a timeline for your marketing campaign makes you more
productive and can save you some money.
- Have specific goals and objectives to guide you.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.