Mar 22, 2019
In episode #964, we discuss when
you should hire a sales rep. Tune in to hear if you need a sales
rep and when it’s worth it to hire one.
We have committed to throwing a
FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing
School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate,
review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: When
Does it Make Sense to Have Sales Reps?
- [00:41] You shouldn’t hire a
rep without testing out sales yourself.
- [00:55] You need to have an
understanding of the objections you will run into.
- [01:11] Try doing it yourself
for 30-60 days.
- [01:30] Once you have a
process, hire a rep.
- [01:48] Start-ups fail because
of premature scaling.
- [02:45] If you hire
prematurely, you will only end up having to fire people and losing
- [03:01] When you hire people,
it may not even work out.
- [03:15] Have the rep do a paid
trial to see what their skills are.
- [03:40] The CEO of Saastr,
Jason Lemkin, has a
blog post that breaks down the steps to hiring a sales
- [04:20] Sales reps don’t solve
- [04:21] That’s it for
- [04:45] We hit our goal of 1
Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los
Angeles this June. Check out this
website if you would
like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people,
so sign up now, if you’re interested!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next?
Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so,
please leave a short review.
Connect with us: