Nov 8, 2018
In episode #830, we discuss the
purpose of blogging. Tune in to hear why you should keep
We have committed to throwing a
FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing
School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate,
review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
What's The Purpose of Blogging
if it Doesn't Generate Sales?
- [00:40] It took 3-4 years to
generate revenue on Quicksprout.
- [01:15] When Eric came to
Singlegrain, they were getting 3000-4000 visits per
- [01:20] Now, they are getting
around 170,000 visits per month.
- [01:24] It took 2 years to get
the ball rolling.
- [01:45] Most clients come from
word of mouth.
- [01:55] Blog posts won’t
- [02:10] When people link to
your content, that will help your domain authority among other
- [03:14] Neil's website gets good traffic, but it took him 2 years to
- [03:45] Once you get a good
amount of traffic, you will find that there are greater
opportunities for leads.
- [04:00] Legion Athletics has done well through promoting
- [04:15] Be crafty: use surveys,
listservs, etc. to generate leads.
- [04:40] Blog because you can
take your blog traffic and direct it towards other pages on your
- [04:50] Blogging generates
- [05:25] Hubspot thinks nurturing is useless and doesn’t
- [06:00] Go to Singlegrain and join the email list.
- [06:10] The list has a
- [06:30] Neil has recorded a
thank you video depending on to which list you
- [07:03] That’s it for
- [07:15] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million
downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: