Feb 14, 2019
In episode #928, we discuss how
you should respond to a PR crisis. Tune in to hear how you can
salvage your company’s reputation.
We have committed to throwing a
FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing
School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate,
review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
What You Should Do in a PR
- [00:38] The Fyre Festival debacle is a great example of a PR crisis for a
lot of the people involved.
- [01:10] Celebrities were paid
to promote this event and the event basically didn’t
- [01:26] There are two
documentaries about it on Netflix and Hulu.
- [01:40] In the weeks leading up
to the Fyre Festival, they realized they weren’t ready to throw the
- [02:15] The result was an
- [02:38] Typically, it’s good to
admit when you’re wrong, instead of doubling down like the Fyre
- [03:00] Deal with a crisis by
- [03:11] Be willing to take
advice about what to do to remedy the problem.
- [03:35] Treehouse allowed some people to buy the service at a
lower cost and pissed off the people who paid more.
- [04:07] Eric made a point to
apologize to the CTO and investors. Admitting his mistake was
- [05:05] Also, Treehouse was
called out for divulging sensitive information about their users,
when they were not. They had to do a lot of damage
- [05:48] That’s all for
- [05:56] We hit our goal of 1
Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles. Check out our website and
continue listening to our podcast for further details.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us
know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: