Feb 18, 2019
In episode #932, we discuss what
you ought to do with your old content that doesn’t get traffic.
Tune in to hear our strategies for improving lackluster
We have committed to throwing a
FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing
School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate,
review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What You
Ought to Do With Your Old Content That Gets No Traffic
- [00:36] Everyone uses the
“prune and crop” strategy, but most people use it
- [01:05] Using this, there is a
good chance you could decrease your traffic.
- [02:20] HubSpot hires people to maintain and upgrade their
- [02:40] At Single Grain, we take the top 25 pieces and see if anything
new is on the list. If the new content ranks, we check how many
keywords for which it ranks.
- [02:57] If it ranks for
hundreds of keywords, you are in good shape.
- [03:20] Neil has employees that
are hired specifically to upgrade content.
- [03:46] They are tasked with
upgrading the higher-ranked content.
- [03:53] Use Clickflow to A/B test your title tags.
- [04:30] See if you have
internal links to your posts, if you don’t: add them.
- [04:53] Don’t forget to check
comments to see where you need to improve.
- [05:24] BuzzSumo added the “evergreen score” and this helps you
compare yourself to competitors.
- [05:58] An evergreen score is
calculated by looking at the number of links going to a given page,
number of social engagements, and how long the post has been
- [06:19] That’s it for
- [06:26] We hit our goal of 1
Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles. Check out our website and continue listening to our podcast for
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next?
Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so,
please leave a short review.
Connect with us: