In Episode #159, Eric and Neil discuss what you need to know about digital marketing before investing your time and money. Listen as they explain the benefits of zeroing in on one channel over time and more first hand advice about how to tackle digital marketing for yourself as opposed to outsourcing to an agency.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: What You Need to Know About Digital Marketing Before Investing in It
- 00:50 – First is to get a high level view of what is going on
- 00:57 – There are a lot of YouTube videos available, like the one from HubSpot
- 01:30 – Know what your goals are and be clear with your target
- 01:51 – Figure out what channel you want to tackle first
- 02:02 – Neil’s focus is content marketing
- 03:00 – Neil wants to use YouTube
- 03:58 – Neil shares how he still maximizes on Facebook, even after he stopped spending money on it
- 04:30 – “Focus on one channel at a time and focus on things that work”
- 05:29 – Neil only does a few channels at once
- 05:49 – NeilPatel.com has been around for 2 years and Neil is focused on content marketing
- 06:40 – If you haven’t figured out your foundation for the different channels you’re running at once, it will slow you down
- 07:45 – Success takes time
- 08:07 – Eric shares how he grows “Growth Everywhere”
- 08:26 – Everything compounds in time
- 09:00 – Neil advises to not hire an agency on your first year
- 09:05 – If you can’t figure out traction on your own, your agency is going to just spend all your money before they figure things out
- 09:34 – You don’t have to be an expert – work to figure out the basics on your own
- 09:47 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t go into multiple channels at once – pick one at a time, conquer it, and be the best at it.
- All good things take time when it comes to maximizing on a digital marketing strategy.
- You don’t have to be an expert – just be technical enough to figure out the basics on your own.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: