Nov 22, 2019
In episode #1209, we discuss the
various problems that WeWork recently ran into. It is crucial to
remain realistic about what your company is and what it offers
rather than thinking it is more than it is. Tune in to hear what
venture capitalists will likely look for in time to
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What You
Can Learn from WeWork’s Debacle.
- [00:42] What WeWork is and the
information that was recently uncovered about them.
- [01:35] Their IPO having to be
canceled and SoftBank bailing them out.
- [01:52] The crazy payout that
the co-founder and former CEO Adam Neumann
- [02:19] Learning that we as
marketers cannot put lipstick on a pig: we need a decent
- [02:34] How WeWork pitches
themselves versus what they actually are.
- [03:22] Being realistic about
what you are as a company and what you are good at.
- [03:52] Learning to negotiate
well even if things aren’t working out as you
- [04:09] The importance of
taking care of your money and your people.
- [05:09] What venture
capitalists will likely push for in the future.
- [06:07] That’s it for
- [06:09] To stay updated with
events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the
Marketing School site
for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short
Connect with Us: