Dec 27, 2019
In episode #1243, we talk about
what you can learn from Popeyes’ chicken sandwich feeding frenzy.
As marketers we often forget how effective it can be to test your
strategies before doubling down on the right one. Tune in today to
hear more about the power of getting back to the basics with
minimal viable products, how to use social as a marketing
advantage, and why a little competition can create still positive
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What You
Can Learn from Popeyes’ Chicken Sandwich.
- [00:45] The story of Popeyes’
chicken sandwich: the feeding frenzy.
- [01:11] Capacity limit creates
a shortage and increasing demand.
- [01:24] Recognizing the power
of social media when it is used correctly.
- [01:54] Understanding when a
“subtle” marketing approach is more effective.
- [02:15] Getting back to the
basics of marketing: minimal viable product.
- [03:06] Importance of testing
marketing strategies before doubling down on them.
- [03:43] The incredible revenue
generating from the chicken sandwich wars.
- [04:25] Chick-fil-A vs Popeyes:
the positive press creating from the sandwich wars.
- [05:02] Learn how to test your
marketing strategies on the Marketing School Live website.
- [05:43] That’s it for
- [06:04] To stay updated with
events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the
Marketing School site
for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short
Connect with Us: