Jun 28, 2020
In episode #1427, we talk about
growth hacking and what it can teach you about growing your
company. You’ll hear where the term ‘growth hacking’ came from,
what it means, and some examples of growth hacking strategies used
by companies like Dropbox and Facebook. Our central message today
is that growth can come from other places within your company than
its marketing team! Tune in and hear about the value of having a
north star and looking in unusual places to make your business
better and bigger!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What You Can Learn from Growth
- [00:30] What
is growth hacking? Anyone in a company trying to drive more
- [01:00] Using
your unique skill in your company to generate more
- [01:26] Looking at Dropbox’s strategy incentivizing
friends to sign up as growth hacking.
- [01:33] How
growth hacking got perverted and has since been rebranded as growth
- [02:25] Doing
true growth hacking by implementing data-driven
- [02:51] How
much leverage inside a company there is outside of pure
- [03:03] The
use of good design and UI for growth hacking; Amazon’s shipping
- [03:30] Aligning your different channels into growth
hacking using growth teams.
- [04:26] Finding more ways to grow by looking outside of
- [04:53] Aligning teams using a north star for your
- [05:09] That’s
it for today!
- [05:10] To
stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to
the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short
Connect with Us: