Mar 14, 2020
In episode #1321, we advise you
on dealing with team members who are not leveling up as expected.
Before simply firing someone, call them in for a few conversations
and try to help them rise to their full potential. Tune in to hear
how bringing in outside experts can help with the mentoring
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What To
Do If A Team Member Isn’t Leveling Up.
- [00:37] On the topic of
leveling up, check our Eric’s Leveling Up
- [00:41] When someone is not
improving or growing stronger over time.
- [00:51] Hiring someone and
learning that they are not growing into new
- [01:14] It could also be that a
person is failing to hit the required numbers.
- [01:52] Having a
straightforward conversation with an underperforming team
- [02:06] Calling someone in the
second time and when it might be time for them to go.
- [02:18] Keep in mind that it
takes some people longer to find their groove in a new
- [02:44] Advice for talking to
people during high-stake conversations.
- [03:19] Lead with facts first
and then say how you feel — no one can argue with
- [03:30] Give people three
chances and have the appropriate documentation in
- [04:15] Check out Robert
Glazer’s stuff on Mindful Transitions when letting someone
- [04:38] Remember the employees
have financial obligations and can’t just be cut
- [05:15] What to do if someone
is not leveling up but they have the potential for
- [06:05] To stay updated with
events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the
Marketing School site
for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short
Connect with Us: