Dec 29, 2017
In Episode #516, Eric and Neil discuss ROI and how it takes time
to see the results of your hard work. Tune in to hear why patience
is a virtue when working with content marketing.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What the ROI Is of Content
- [00:51] With any kind of content marketing, it takes time;
about a 12-18 month journey.
- [01:05] Eric’s first podcast, Growth Everywhere was only
getting nine downloads per day during his first year.
- [01:22] By the second year, he was still only getting thirty
downloads per day. Now he’s pushing 100,000 per month.
- [01:48] Meeting face to face is helpful to ROI.
- [02:03] When they started, content marketing was text-based.
Now it goes across all mediums and channels.
- [02:48] The Sexy
Confidence YouTube channel gets millions of views per
- [03:16] It may take you a year to two years to see results from
your content marketing.
- [03:33] If you got into content marketing four or five years
ago, you would probably see ROI in six months.
- [03:44] If you want to do these kinds of things, spend the
money up front.
- [03:50] Neil is spending $600,000-$700,000 per year on content
- [04:22] Eric did a breakdown of all their clients and 66% come
from relationships based on the content they have created. The rest
of it is because of SEO.
- [04:46] Literally everything that they do is content
- [05:28] The people with the most patience are the most
- [05:37] There is a marketing agency in Japan that only focuses
on Pachenko, which is a gambling game. They made $200,000,000 per
year, but only had a few employees and a little bit of profit the
- [06:28] This podcast gets 550,000 downloads per month, but they
know it will take time to grow further.
- [07:00] For B2C, content marketing is helpful for building a
- [07:44] A good example of B2C are Jake
Paul's and Logan
Paul's YouTube channels.
- [08:05] Hubspot has some good studies on content
- [08:16] That’s all for today!
- [08:17] Go to singlegrain.com/giveaway for a special
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: