Aug 10, 2018
In episode #740, Eric and Neil
discuss what you should do when you aren’t growing. Tune in to hear
how you can stimulate growth.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
What Should You Do When You're
- [00:45] If Eric is in a rut, he
likes to take a break.
- [01:08] Clearing his head
allows him to move forward and come up with better/new
- [01:25] When people stop
growing, it is because they are relying on old tactics.
- [01:37] Neil likes to run
drastic experiments to test out new ideas.
- [01:53] Growth is often boosted
by unorthodox methods.
- [02:00] At Crazy Egg, they grew
quickly by switching the homepage from a long sales page, to a much
shorter, concise page.
- [02:15] They also tested the
“sign in with Google” option, which worked out well.
- [02:35] After those methods
began to hurt them, they switched it up again.
- [03:15] In general, if growth
slows down, do the opposite of what you are currently
- [03:30] Eric has a friend that
does video advertising.
- [03:55] His secret is that he
does the opposite of what people expect or request.
- [04:15] Think about how you can
turn ideas on their heads.
- [04:55] That’s all for
- [04:58] If you could take two
minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening
experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters
to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: