May 29, 2017
In Episode #302, Eric and Neil discuss what should you do if the
wrong page ranks for a target keyword. Tune in to learn what Eric
is currently testing and how Neil managed to redirect his traffic
from the wrong page to the RIGHT one.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Should You Do if the Wrong Page
Ranks for a Target Keyword?
- 00:40 – Eric has a blog post right now that ranks for online
marketing companies or internet marketing companies
- 01:02 – Eric’s agency is top 10 for the keyword other websites
are ranking for
- 01:18 – Eric and other SEOs that he has talked to suggested
redirecting that page to what converts people
- 01:33 – Eric is currently testing having a ranking table with
- 02:11 – Eric is still trying several different things at the
- 02:21 – Neil suggests making internal links between your
- 02:25 – Google usually sorts things out and it’s just a
question of time
- 02:31 – For the page that isn’t ranking but you want to rank,
compare the keyword densities
- 02:44 – Neil will then improve the keyword density on a page
that isn’t ranking
- 02:49 – Check who’s linking to that page, hit them up and get
them to link to the page that you want to rank
- 02:59 – Promote the pages that aren’t ranking
- 03:10 – Neil’s blog used to rank for the keywords “SEO tool”
and “SEO tools” rather than the actual tool itself
- 03:22 – Neil built links to the SEO tool page and increased
social media shares
- 03:32 – Within 3-4 months, it sorted itself out
- 03:49 – Marketing
School is giving away a free 1 year subscription of Zapier which helps you tracks the
lifetime ROI of your Facebook campaigns
- 04:20 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 04:23 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 05:53 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Creating internal links between your pages can help distribute
and redirect your traffic.
- Promote pages that aren’t ranking through constant social media
- Check your keyword densities and ask people that are linking to
your page to link to the page that you WANT to rank.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.