Sep 9, 2018
In episode #770, Eric and Neil
discuss what percentage of your links should point to your
homepage. Tune in to hear if there is a magical percentage that
will help your homepage rank higher.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
What Percent of Your Links
Should Point to Your Homepage
- [00:40] Eric and Neil don’t
know what percentage of their links lead to their
- [01:04] It doesn’t always make
sense to link something back to your homepage.
- [01:26] Your homepage won’t
convert as well as other pages, so it’s important to use it to
discuss your products and services and make pages that are about
the specifics of your offerings.
- [02:03] There’s no magic
percentage that works the best.
- [02:25] Look at your metrics
and determine the right percentage for yourself.
- [03:03] Even if your homepage
converts well, you can’t rank your homepage for a bunch of
- [03:22] Just focus on internal
- [03:32] If you already have a
lot of links to your homepage, pick the main pages that you want to
rank higher and link to those.
- [04:25] Be careful with your
anchor text. Make it flow naturally.
- [04:37] That’s it for
- [04:40] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: