Feb 26, 2017
In Episode #210, Eric and Neil discuss what a private blog
network (PBN) is and its usefulness. Tune in to learn why you
should avoid PBNs as well as the alternatives that you can use in
the SEO space to grow your following.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Is a PBN?
- 00:35 – A PBN is a private blog network that can be used to
make your SEO more effective
- 01:16 – Build My Rank
is one of the most popular blog networks
- 01:27 – People thought blog networks wouldn’t leave a footprint
on their website, but Google found them
- 01:42 – PBN still works, but is not recommended
- 01:58 – PBN is not a good viable solution for the
- 02:08 – Focus on creating amazing sites with amazing
- 02:36 – ViperChill has
a blog regarding the effectivity of PBNs
- 03:21 – The typical PBNs price
- 04:25 – Use a blog network, like SitePoint
- 05:03 – “Try avoiding PBNs at all cost”
- 05:24 – Instead, think about black hat and white hat SEO
- 05:35 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- PBN used to be effective, but Google can track websites using
PBN and “de-index” them.
- PBN is not a good viable solution for long-term – it’s best to
- Create your own blog network with valuable content that will
gradually attract and build an audience.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.