Apr 20, 2017
In Episode #263, Eric and Neil discuss what boosting a Facebook
post actually does. Tune in to learn the benefits of boosting a
Facebook post, whether it’s right for your company, and how to bank
off that increase of traffic and engagement.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Boosting a Facebook Post
- 00:40 – Eric gets more emails when they boost a post
- 00:55 – Boosting a post makes it easier for Eric to test new
- 01:13 – Eric is more interested in collecting more email
addresses when he boosts a post
- 01:34 – Initially, boosting a post results in more engagement;
then, you try to see if you can collect more emails from the CPA
and from there, see if you can make an ad campaign from it
- 01:47 – Neil isn’t fond of the idea of boosting Facebook posts
and would rather buy friends
- 01:55 – If you’re boosting a post, make sure your post has an
- 02:21 – If you’re going to spend money on Facebook, spend it
going to a landing page or getting more fans
- 02:36 – Neil hates the concept of boosting a post, but has seen
it successfully done
- 03:00 – Eric has done live videos in the past and would boost
to their live audience, then retarget them
- 03:15 – At the end of the day, it is figuring out what works
- 03:54 – The value of Facebook Live has grown a lot
- 04:10 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- The goal of boosting a post is to grow your audience and
increase that engagement with your content.
- You spend money to increase your Facebook presence, so make
sure you are also leading your audience to your website.
- Find out what works best for you and suits you well – tests are
invaluable for finding this out.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.