Oct 8, 2016
In Episode #69 Eric and Neil talk about churn—what it is and how
entrepreneurs can reduce it. Listen as walk through the process of
measuring churn, the importance of knowing what your customers love
about your product or service, and what tactics you can implement
to kill churn in your business.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: What is churn and how to reduce
- 00:35 – Churn is a metric number
- 00:42 – Churn = customers you are losing per month divided by
all your customers
- 00:55 – Neil’s experience with churn
- 01:29 – If it sucks you’ll get high churn; if it’s great you’ll
get low churn
- 02:14 – Churn of 2% or under is acceptable
- 02:38 – It’s difficult to scale a business with 5% churn
- 03:10 – Conduct a survey to your audience to know what’s
- 03:35 – Neil’s tactics to reduce churn
- 03:50 – Yearly subscriptions
- 04:41 – Put invoices on the dashboard
- 05:11 – Find out what people love about your product
- 06:17 – Figure out what metrics are important to you or to the
- 06:28 – Qualaroo and
- 07:14 –
One Key Metric
- 07:31 – Dunning
- 07:41 – Churn Buster
- 07:58 – Use Visa and Master Card updater
- 08:39 – Pausing or stopping a subscription and restarting
- 09:18 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Remember to ask your customers for their feedback.
- Know what people love about your product or service.
- Know what metrics are important for your business.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.