Mar 30, 2018
In episode #607, Eric and Neil
discuss what happened when they purchased backlinks. Tune in to
hear whether this is still a valid marketing method.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
We Bought $100,000 Worth of
Backlinks (and Here's What Happened Next)
- [00:40] Eric and Neil no longer
buy links, but did so during the earlier parts of their
- [00:55] They purchased random
sites with no relevance to their industries.
- [01:30] Link buying is bigger
than it used to be and Google isn’t banning any of the purchased
- [01:55] Sites will spend
$100,000 on backlinks, but they are not getting the traffic that
they used to.
- [02:02] Google is now using a
lot of factors such as brand queries, user metrics, on-page
- [02:45] Paid advertising is the
biggest trend right now and it’s working.
- [03:00] Buying links is the old
SEO, instead you should think about ways to repurpose and create
- [03:26] Neil uses blogging,
video, and podcasting as marketing methods.
- [03:31] This all can lead to
bigger and better opportunities.
- [04:12] That’s it for
- [04:16] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: