Feb 21, 2020
In episode #1300, we talk about
why Warren Buffett sold all of his newspaper businesses! It is
quite commonly understood that newspaper media is not a growing
space and we see this with the amount of journalism graduates who
struggle to find work. Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway have been
making some shrewd moves in order to set themselves up for the
future. Tune in to hear how!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Why
Warren Buffett Sold All of His Newspaper Businesses for $140
- [00:58] The news media
landscape currently and what online platforms have
- [02:01] How Berkshire Hathaway
lent money to Lee Enterprises.
- [02:46] The potential or lack
thereof for newspapers and Lee's extreme measures.
- [03:11] New media and making
use of out of journalists for your empire.
- [04:01] Other options that
Berkshire Hathaway might have in mind.
- [04:43] That's it for
- [04:46] To stay updated with
events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the
Marketing School site
for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short
Connect with Us: