Oct 23, 2018
In episode #814, Eric and Neil
discuss what you could learn from Southwest Airlines. Tune in to
hear which tactics you should rip from this company.
Eric and Neil have committed to
throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once
Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take
action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
Ugly Is the New Sexy: What You
Can Learn From Southwest Airlines
- [00:50] Titles are key, which
is why they titled this episode as such.
- [01:04] Neil tries to
avoid Southwest, because he finds they are always
- [01:40] Eric’s last Southwest
flight was delayed and problematic.
- [02:10] When Southwest first
launched, they focused on serving three cities in
- [02:27] It took Southwest three
years to get rolling and gain more customers. The first flights
were sparsely populated.
- [02:44] The lesson here is to
niche down at first.
- [02:54] Southwest has a hub and
spoke model of business.
- [03:20] The airline does a lot
of layovers, which allows them to ensure fuller flights and better
- [04:15] You can either be
efficient or offer exceptional service, but you can’t have
- [05:05] Southwest is not the
best priced airline, but they have a “cool atmosphere” and free
- [05:45] Optimize for
efficiency, but allow for mistakes/refunds.
- [06:15] Think of your business
as a funnel and check for leaks.
- [06:42] That’s it for
- [06:48] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1
Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live
event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: