Sep 7, 2019
In episode #1133, we discuss how
the once-great Tumblr sold for a significantly lower price than
before. After selling for a whopping $1.1 billion to Yahoo in 2013,
it was recently acquired by Automattic for a mere $3 million. Tune
in to hear all about the new opportunities it might hold for
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic:
How Tumblr Sold For 3 Million Bucks.
- [00:30] Some context about
what Tumblr was initially sold for and its acquisition
- [00:55] A possible reason why
the company might have been sold at such a low price.
- [01:17] Why Automattic is the best fit for Tumblr from a business
- [01:37] The amazing new
opportunities for Automattic to control the web.
- [01:56] WordPress’s venture into e-commerce and how they might do the same with
- [02:15] The many benefits
of WordPress for marketers and
- [02:56] Why you should start
engaging on Tumblr right now.
- [03:12] That’s it for
- [03:17] For a new way to grow
your business, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this
episode? If so, please leave a short