Feb 20, 2020
In episode #1299, we discuss how
Donald Trump spent over $19 million on Facebook advertising in
2019! This huge amount of money, that dwarfs the democratic budget,
is symptomatic of the current media and marketing landscape. Join
us to hear about the lessons that can be learned from this
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How
Donald Trump Spent $19.4 Million on Facebook Ads in
- [00:44] The Guardian article
that sparked today’s episode.
- [01:45] Long-term implications
of these kinds of tactics with the growth of AI.
- [02:27] How data is being used
to change people's perceptions.
- [03:48] Manipulation is
ever-present in media and marketing; what can you
- [05:04] Awareness and
positivity in the advertising space.
- [05:23] To stay updated with
events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the
Marketing School site
for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short
Connect with Us: