Aug 12, 2017
In Episode #377, Eric and Neil discuss the tried and tested
methods for building local links. Tune in to learn the simple steps
that will help you increase your rank on a local scale. You’ll also
find out who you need to be reaching out to when it comes to
asking for those links.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Tried and Tested Ways of Building
- 00:41 – When it comes to local SEOs, citations are important
- 00:45 – A citation can be counted as a link
- 00:56 – You can get multiple citations from Whitespark and Moz Local
- 01:05 – Another way to get a citation is to reach out to the
local chamber of commerce
- 01:13 – They also have events where you can network with
- 01:41 – Reach out to people and try to add value
- 01:46 – Local stores take anything that can help their
- 02:00 – It’s a lot easier to rank for local keywords
- 02:14 – Go to Ahrefs and put in your
competing URLs within your region
- 02:26 – Reach out to those linking to them and ask for
- 02:35 – Marketing
School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which helps you increase
your conversion rate
- 03:35 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Reach out to your local market to get citations.
- Build a network with your local stores and always try to add
value to them.
- Check your competitors and get in touch with those who are
linking to them.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.