Jul 8, 2018
In episode #707, Eric and Neil
discuss why your blog isn’t loved by Google. Tune in to hear the
one big mistake most people make.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
This is Why Your Blog Isn't
Loved by Google
- [00:35] People like using web
addresses that stick to the format “blog.domain.com”
- [01:08] Eric and Neil believe
this is a mistake.
- [01:25] When Eric’s past
companies switched from a sub-domain to a sub-folder, traffic
- [02:30] If you’re going to
switch, you have to change all of your internal links plus 301
- [03:00] A lot of work is
involved in switching over. Use Screaming Frog to make sure you changed everything over
- [03:45] You have to make sure
you have an excel sheet your engineers can follow.
- [04:50] Go post by post when
- [05:00] This is also an
opportunity to update and delete content.
- [05:15] Make sure all your info
is up to date.
- [05:22] That’s it for
- [05:27] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: