Aug 8, 2018
In today’s episode, Eric and
Neil discuss unorthodox strategies for coming up with blog topics.
Tune in to hear how you can spin any topic.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
The Unorthodox Strategy We Use
to Come Up WIth Topics For Our Blog
- [00:45] They don’t have many
strategies at Neil’s org, but rather one simple method.
- [01:10] Neil writes about
- [01:25] Neil wants people to
know they can’t get his content anywhere else.
- [01:52] When he shares personal
stories, he gets 12x more comments.
- [02:25] Growth Everywhere doesn’t have a headline or title until after
- [03:15] At Single Grain, employees are required to come to a meeting
with multiple blog ideas.
- [03:45] A blog should be about
what you want to share, but also what people would want to
- [04:10] As a blogger, you can
come up with unique stories for any industry. You just have to put
your personal spin on things.
- [04:45] Ben Settle came up with
the concept for “Seinfeld Emails”.
- [05:25] Emails that are about
nothing, but somehow tie back into what you’re selling.
- [05:30] That’s all for
- [05:36] If you could take two
minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening
experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters
to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: