Oct 10, 2018
In episode #801, Eric and Neil
discuss the 7 steps you have to take when creating a site from
scratch. Tune in to hear the 7 most important steps in the SEO
Eric and Neil have committed to
throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once
Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take
action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
The SEO Playbook: The First 7
Steps You Have to Take
- [01:08] #1: Keyword
- [01:20] Use UberSuggest or another keyword research tool and look for
the keyword with the most traffic, least competition, and the
- [01:40] This will give you an
idea of the keywords that will drive traffic.
- [01:57] Keywords with a high
CPC leads to higher revenue for you.
- [02:43] #2: Write
- [02:56] If you look at
Wikipedia, they rank high because their content keeps getting
longer and longer.
- [03:35] #3: Share the
- [03:45] Go to BuzzSumo, see who shared similar content, then hit them
up and ask them to share your content.
- [04:35] #4: Repurpose your
- [05:00] Reference the
content reusage framework: spin your content off onto different
- [05:28] #5: Start doing
- [05:36] Use the Yoast SEO plug-in, optimize your title tags, optimize
your meta-descriptions, link the right keywords.
- [06:02: #6: Leverage the
process you have created.
- [06:34] Go to ProBlogger and hire people to create your
- [07:04] #7: Expand
- [07:12] Translate your content,
adjust it to the local market, and make sure you note what region
you are targeting through Ahrefs.
- [07:37] That’s all for
- [07:44] Tweet at
Eric and let them know if you enjoyed this
- [07:52] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1
Million downloads per month.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: