Sep 23, 2016
In Episode #54 Neil and Eric share their secrets for measuring
the success of SEO changes you make to your website. Listen as they
talk Google Search Console versus Google Analytics, and highlight
how you should approach each tool.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – Today’s topic: How to Know if Your SEO Changes are
- 00:34 – Checkout Google Search
- 00:58 – As long as it says you’re going up—everything is
typically all good
- 01:05 – Look at impressions
- 01:49 – When you make a technical SEO change, make a note of it
and check back in 20 days via Google Search Console
- 03:23 – One framework to use, Brian
Balfour experimentation framework
- 04:04 – All you need is a spreadsheet
- 04:14 – Neil lists the columns in his spreadsheet
- 04:30 – Tracking against 1 EID
- 05:15 – Set weekly growth meetings to review changes
- 05:40 – Take screen shots 2 or 3 times a month to track your
data, because you will lose your history in Search Console
- 07:00 – GrowthBot.io can
sync with Slack and preview key analytics
3 Key Points:
- You MUST use Google Search Console.
- When using GSC, be sure to take screen shots at least 2 or 3
times a month as history is not stored.
- Set weekly or monthly meetings to review SEO changes.
- What should we talk
about next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.