Dec 13, 2018
In episode #865, we discuss the one thing you have to do before
you start doing SEO. Tune in to hear what your first step should
We have committed to throwing a
FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing
School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate,
review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
The One Thing You Have to Do
Before You Start Doing SEO
- [00:36] Look up your
competitors in Ahrefs or SEMRush.
- [00:44] These tools will show
you their most popular pages, the terms for which those pages rank,
their positions, and total traffic value.
- [01:02] This information will
help you determine what you should target.
- [01:45] Once you find one
competitor, you can find others using the above listed
- [02:10] When you are looking at
information on Ahrefs, you can see the content gap. The content gap
is the content that your competitors are covering that you are
- [02:36] Use the Keyword Difficulty Tool to see how hard it would be to rank for a given
- [02:50] BuzzSumo will give you an idea of competitors’ social
- [03:10] That’s it for
- [03:25] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million
downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: