Mar 13, 2020
In episode #1320, we discuss the
difference between optimization and innovation. While both of these
growth strategies are powerful, they have an even greater impact
when they are used together! Tune in to hear how Dropbox, Uber, and
Salesforce created waves with optimization and
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The
Difference Between Optimization and Innovation.
- [00:38] A definition of
optimization and relevant examples from the marketing
- [01:30] Innovation: doing
things that are outside the box – like Dropbox!
- [02:09] Think about innovation
as disrupting the industry and messing up people’s
- [02:20] A good example of this
kind of disruption is what Uber did to the transportation
- [02:39] The exponential growth
that happens when you combine optimization with
- [03:00] The lack of innovation
in the marketing tool and SEO world.
- [03:21] How Salesforce changed
the landscape of CRM's with innovation.
- [04:08] Read the optimization
versus innovation article by Andy Johns.
- [04:28] That’s it for
- [04:29] To stay updated with
events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the
Marketing School site
for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short
Connect with Us: