Jun 12, 2018
In episode #681, Eric and Neil
discuss the best way to survey your audience. Tune in to hear how
and why you should survey your customers and why it is so vital to
improving your business.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
The Best Way to Survey Your
- [00:35] There are two types of
data: quantitative and qualitative.
- [00:45] Google Analytics tracks quantitative.
- [00:56] Over 95% of your
traffic (and maybe more) don’t convert. Why?
- [01:10] The Google numbers
won’t tell you. You have to talk to your customers through phone,
email, and text.
- [01:20] Surveying is
qualitative data. When combined with quantitative, you will be able
to greatly improve your business.
- [01:44] Eric was recently
reading the blog “Wild
Audience”. The site
- [02:00] The questions he
answered were a way to qualify visitors and segment them into the
- [02:40] Survey
Slam was recommended by
“Wild Audience”. It’s a WordPress plugin that costs $97 for the developer
- [03:10] You leave money on the
table by not putting people into the right
- [03:18] Don’t ask too many
questions at once and make sure they aren’t biased.
- [03:40] Make sure your
questions are open-ended, so you don’t accidentally bias the
- [04:22] You can use a word
cloud to combine your qualitative feedback.
- [04:29] From there, you can
look at what the commonalities are and make decisions based on the
insights you gain.
- [04:49] When people are done
with the survey, make sure to show them a Thank You page that will
drive a conversion.
- [05:21] That’s all for
- [05:24] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: