Sep 21, 2016
In Episode #52 Neil and Eric discuss the all-too-common
challenge of finding great ideas for blog topics. Listen as they
share a number of their favorite tools, proven techniques, and
secret sources for marquee content.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:23 – Today’s topic: How to research new blog
- 00:42 – Hold weekly meetings and crowdsource idea
- 01:00 – You can also tap into your email list
- 01:50 – Tap into feedly.com
- 02:05 – Neil only sources his audience for blog/podcast
- 02:31 – What type of problems are you hearing about again and
again at conferences and industry events?
- 02:50 – BuzzSumo and
- 04:00 – TrackReddit
- 04:48 – Tap into article sub-headers and use those sub-headers
to create individual posts
- 05:30 – What have people engaged with in the past?
- 06:56 –
Digital Marketer – Headline Ideas
- 07:15 –
Aaron Ageis Quick Sprout
3 Key Points:
- Tap into the hive mind (aka the crowd).
- Listen into your industry’s buzz.
- Try transforming sub-headers from older content into
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.