In Episode #62 Eric and Neil discuss their secrets for successfully recording and promoting podcasts. Listen as they share the physical tools they use, they software they rely on to produce The Marketing School, and the key concepts you need to master if you want to successfully promote your show.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – Today’s Topic: The Art of Promoting and Recording Podcasts
- 00:35 – Microphones and recording multiple times
- 01:15 – Recording software
- 02:33 – Microphones to use
- 03:35 – Neil and Eric save 3 files for every recording
- 09:50 – Promoting a podcast
- 03:53 – Email blast
- 04:20 – Libsyn is not that accurate
- 04:41 – Product Hunt
- 05:59 – Email digest
- 05:29 – Shure MV88
- 06:30 – The BEST strategy in promoting
- 07:42 – The Art of Charm Podcast
- 08:37 – The more you can automate, the better
- 08:45 – Edgar
- 09:06 – Keep Retweeting episodes on Twitter
- 09:58 – As long as you’re providing value, you’re doing the right thing
- 10:11 – That’s the end of today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Use different tools and software when recording.
- Always have a backup—ALWAYS.
- Interview other people who are already popular—let their networks do the promotion for you.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: