Oct 1, 2016
In Episode #62 Eric and Neil discuss their secrets for
successfully recording and promoting podcasts. Listen as they share
the physical tools they use, they software they rely on to produce
The Marketing School, and the key concepts you need to master if
you want to successfully promote your show.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – Today’s Topic: The Art of Promoting and Recording
- 00:35 – Microphones and recording multiple times
- 01:15 – Recording software
- 02:33 – Microphones to use
- 03:35 – Neil and Eric save 3 files for every recording
- 09:50 – Promoting a podcast
- 03:53 – Email blast
- 04:20 – Libsyn is not
- 04:41 – Product
- 05:59 – Email digest
- 05:29 – Shure MV88
- 06:30 – The BEST strategy in promoting
- 07:42 – The Art of
- 08:37 – The more you can automate, the better
- 08:45 – Edgar
- 09:06 – Keep Retweeting episodes on Twitter
- 09:58 – As long as you’re providing value, you’re doing the
- 10:11 – That’s the end of today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Use different tools and software when recording.
- Always have a backup—ALWAYS.
- Interview other people who are already popular—let their
networks do the promotion for you.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.