Oct 11, 2018
In episode #802, Eric and Neil
discuss the #1 thing you need to grow a business successfully. Tune
in to hear what you absolutely must do to be a success.
Eric and Neil have committed to
throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once
Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take
action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
The #1 Thing You Need to Do to
Grow Any Business Successfully
- [00:35] The #1 thing is not a
marketing tactic, it’s people.
- [00:50] Without a great team,
you are not going to grow your business.
- [01:37] CEO’s have three
responsibilities: Keeping money in the bank, driving the vision,
- [01:47] The Dropbox CEO recently talked about how recruiting is
always top of mind for him.
- [02:16] Bill Gates said the
first 20 people at Microsoft built the company.
- [03:03] If an employee isn’t a
cultural fit, they aren’t going to stick around.
- [03:15] Only hire people who
are smarter than you and from whom you can learn.
- [03:25] Make sure you really
interview each applicant and talk to their references. Figure out
if they are truly a good fit.
- [03:47] Always test people
- [03:56] Make sure multiple
people on your team interview each person.
- [04:11] Make sure they lay out
a plan of action for their first few weeks or months at the
- [05:05] Do indirect reference
checks (basically, be a detective).
- [05:30] Sometimes, Eric has
gotten glowing reviews and other times, he has gotten more
- [06:15] You have to have each
person ask different types of questions in the
- [06:32] The CEO of
Drift secretly tests people in interviews: he gives
each candidate a cup of water and sees if they throw it away at the
end of the interview.
- [06:35] Eric also does this and
doesn’t hire anyone who doesn’t clean up after
- [07:18] If you can get people
who can do the work, but won’t be a long-term fit, you are rolling
the dice on mercenaries.
- [07:48] That’s it for
- [07:54] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1
Million downloads per month.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: