Feb 27, 2020
In episode #1306, we discuss
Spotify’s acquisition of The Ringer. The podcasting industry is
growing exponentially and Spotify wanted to make an aggressive move
toward growing its market share. Tune in to hear why this was a
super smart decision on their part!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How
Spotify Acquired The Ringer.
- [00:42] The solid financial
results for Spotify in Q4 of 2019.
- [00:56] How Spotify recognized
exponential growth in podcast hours streamed.
- [01:24] Realizing that they
needed to acquire a big podcast to double down on
- [01:53] The impressive
retention rates of the Marketing School podcast.
- [02:09] Why Spotify’s decision
makes a lot of sense.
- [02:39] Keep in mind that all
good channels eventually become crowded.
- [03:09] Spotify’s market share
around podcasting and how they’re more aggressive than
- [03:48] The number of downloads
The Ringer podcast is getting.
- [04:07] Start comparing your
Apple Podcast and Spotify analytics for your
- [04:50] How our podcasts and
Eric’s own podcast are performing.
- [05:56] The proposed price for
The Ringer stated by Bill Simmons: $100 million.
- [06:25] That’s it for
- [06:26] To stay updated with
events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the
Marketing School site
for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short
Connect with Us: