Feb 26, 2018
In episode #575, Eric and Neil discuss the secret that Google
doesn’t want you to know. Tune in to hear how branding and industry
niches play a part.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Something Google Doesn't Want You to
- [00:36] Google is emphasizing brands right now.
- [00:52] The most popular brands within a niche will be the top
- [01:20] If you focus on building a brand, you will do better in
the long run.
- [01:41] Neil noticed that by leveraging branding, his ranking
- [02:00] He took a lot of the currently popular models and had
them hold up signs that said, “Who is Neil Patel?”
- [02:09] This caused people to increase searches for Neil.
- [02:23] He ranked high for online marketing after that.
- [02:55] Warren Buffett talks about building a moat (something
to protect your business).
- [03:21] The new moat is building a brand.
- [04:22] By dominating the brand within your niche, you are
guaranteed to do well.
- [05:03] By leveraging marketing channels with your brand, it
will lead to success, but it will take a while to build.
- [05:24] It took 2-2.5 years for Eric to build his brand.
- [06:02] You can’t sell a personal brand, but you can sell a
corporate brand with ease.
- [06:27] When you have a brand, you have more options available
in terms of marketing.
- [06:45] A lot agency owners try to drag each other down,
because it is so competitive.
- [07:04] Your brand opens you up to greater opportunities.
- [07:10] Listen to past episodes on how to build a brand.
- [07:23] That’s all for today!
- [07:27] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway
for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: